- having fun,
- meeting new people
- experiencing new things and ideas
- respecting the world around them - cultures, religions etc
- believing in themselves - giving confidence and self asteem
Dymchurch's values are fully embedded throughout school providing your child with the best possible start in life, so when your children are in school know it counts!
As parents you can help attendance and ensure your children are getting the best from school by:
- Establish a good routine in the mornings and evenings so your child is prepared for the school day ahead.
- Ensure your child arrives at school on time – not late. - Did you know that being just 5 minutes late each day - means your child loses out on the equivalent of 3 days of schooling across the year - or 15 lessons! 15 minutes late each day amounts to around 10 days lost or 2 weeks and 50 lessons! It can also be disruptive for them and the other children in their class.
- Attend parent evenings and school events to support your child and learn what the school is doing to help your child.
- Arrange dental and medical appointments outside school hours when possible.
- Take family holidays outside term time.
- Talk to your child about school and take an interest in their school work (including homeworks).
- Praise and reward your child’s achievements at school.
- Support school staff in their efforts to control difficult or challenging behaviour.
If you are having problems with getting your child to school each day, whatever that reason might be - please come and talk to us so that we can help and support you.
More information about education and attenance at school can be found on the UK Government Website